Telephony and Broadband Support Analyst (Networks)
Location: Any Defra Office, although regular travel to Worcester would be expected as part of this role.
Salary: £24,918 to £29,806
Closing Date: 18 Jun 2021
The Telephony and Broadband Support Analyst is Defra’s support for telephony lines and broadband networks operations, responsible for logging incident calls. This role is to support incoming fixed broadband/telephony cases effectively. To provide timely responses to customers and ensure that each one is prioritised correctly and resolved accordingly. Each case is to be recorded, requirements identified/ delivered (if possible). Every query/ case should be answered with a formal response and closed.
The Telephony and Broadband Support Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
• Manage some daily service operations, including monitoring services, supplier engagement and generally supporting the Senior Telephony & Broadband Support Analyst.
• Managing day-to-day general and technical queries, ensuring all actions are captured on our query management tool.
• Take ownership of incidents and problems, using own technical knowledge and relevant resolver group to resolve efficiently as possible.
• Engaging with a range of Stakeholders to understand their requirements and to identify the most appropriate options to meet these.
• Provide technical advice and guidance on Wi-Fi services and performance related risks and issues. Escalating risks to the Senior Telephony & Broadband Support Analyst to enable mitigating action to take place.
• Request orders for services to be placed with the Request Fulfilment Team/ suppliers directly and monitor these until completion.
• Provide general support to projects and stakeholders as needed.
• Improve our asset and configuration data. Analysing supplier report data and legacy information. Producing more accurate service records and increasing visibility.
• The role will also require engaging with a range of Stakeholders to understand their requirements and to identify the most appropriate options to meet these.
You’ll have demonstrable experience of:
• ICT technical knowledge relating to LAN/ WAN connectivity and how it works.
• A general knowledge of Broadband and Telephony. Please provide detail in your CV.
• A good understanding of the range of IT services provided, service vision and strategy.
• Fully skilled in the use of the Service Now Tool, enabling the opening, updating and closing of cases.
• Good stakeholder and communication skills.
• Good Microsoft Office and general administration skills including good use of Excel.
• Experience of working in a demanding environment with competing priorities.
• Working on own initiative but also working within a team.
The following are advantageous, although training will be provided:
• Experience of setting up and managing office Wi-Fi.
• Experience of being on a technical help desk and problem solving.
• Fully skilled in using a support portal to manage the life cycle of incoming service requests. Experience of using the Service Now Tool would be an advantage.
• ITIL Foundation v3 qualification or above.
Holding a driving licence would be beneficial.