Any Defra Office
£35,895 - £43,847
24th January 2021
The Service Experience Manager (SEM) is part of a team that ensures the @ 800 live IT services, including technology and applications, which support the Defra Group are maintained and resilient.
The SEM is accountable for ensuring that our Defra-wide services are managed with a business focus and with customer insight will co-ordinate the continual review and improvement of the customer experience of Defra products and services.
As a SEM you will have an integral role to play in ensuring we get things right for the end-users and you will be pivotal in ensuring the provision of Assistive Technologies and Technical Adoption. You will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive relationship with stakeholders within the Defra Group, including Defra’s Arm’s Length Bodies and Service Owners.
You will build an understanding of the IT offering and the customers’ expectation and perception of the services on offer.
You will also be responsible for keeping all parties informed of service performance, from a customer experience perspective and will produce business-relevant IT service reporting.
You will look at ways to make improvements to IT Service provision, in line with an ITIL framework. You will be involved with dealing with cross-cutting, complex issues, within a highly skilled and supportive team.
• Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with key stakeholders, representing IT services, understanding the customer requirements and business drivers and collaborating to ensure that you are a source of information for their operational service needs.
• Capturing, analysing and presenting information and data on the customer experience to inform on service performance. This will include coordinating and presenting reporting packs, providing analysis of performance and evaluation of risks, at a corporate and local level in understandable business language. Communicating different types of information to a range of audiences both verbally and in writing.
• Facilitating the collaboration of knowledge and information resources and ensuring that they are available to the wider team. Adopting a portfolio view which includes multiple products and services.
• Identifying, documenting, co-ordinating and recommending improvements to existing IT services. Providing input to development and driving improvements to the service provision and supplier performance, to enhance the customer experience.
• Influencing design and updating of services to maximise customer experience and assisting with the transition of new services into live service, from a service experience perspective.
• Supporting the governance framework for managing, reviewing and assuring the IT services with our business units. Supporting the development and documenting of standards, procedures, processes and practices, ensuring they are being followed to ensure service experience functions are delivered successfully.
• Providing line management to 1 Executive Officer and coaching wider team and stakeholders on best practice and the use of the governance framework.
• Understanding services and providing a signpost to support customers and to champion digital ways of working.
• Understanding where there are conflicting service requirements and making suitable recommendations.
• Facilitating the Technical Adoption of new ways of working and being an advocate for technology and collaboration tools.
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• A proven record of building, nurturing and managing relationships with multiple stakeholder groups, in a multi-supplier environment.
• Deeply customer-focused with a strong sense of ownership and drive to follow tasks through to completion.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to use management information for analysis and monitoring. Drawing sound and realistic conclusions from all relevant information available.
• Establishing and monitoring procedures, processes and best practice to control and regulate activities and tasking.
• Technology-literate with a good understanding of Assistive Technologies and the latest technologies, systems and processes.
• Ability to share best practice and lessons learned in a clear and consistent way.
• Able to coach and promote a culture of continuous improvement. Implementation of service improvement and development.