Service Catalogue Manager
Location: Can be based at any Defra office in England including our Digital Hubs Bristol, Reading, Warrington and York. We welcome flexible working and are open to a blended approach of working from home and in an office.
Salary: £35,895 to £43,847
Closing Date: 24 Jun 2021
The Service Catalogue function is responsible for maintaining and publishing the IT Service Catalogue which is used by Defra staff to obtain the IT equipment and services they require in their daily roles.
The Service Catalogue function is recruiting a Service Catalogue Manager who will work in collaboration with our IT Service Suppliers and a range of stakeholders from across Defra to publish and maintain the catalogue with all available services and products.
The Service Catalogue Manager is responsible for the delivery and lifecycle of Business Services and products within the catalogue. They will manage the design, development and release of Service Requests available through the service management tool, ServiceNow. The Service Catalogue Manager will define and document Business Services with all relevant parties as well as interacting with Service Owners and suppliers to agree on the contents of their respective catalogues.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of a Service Management framework as well as a strong service mindset and experience of Service Management in a complex multi-supplier outsourced environment.
• Ensure the Catalogue is accurately published with operational services.
• Manage the design, development, testing and release of service request workflows.
• Complete complex service request workflow designs.
• Communicate changes to key stakeholders.
• Manage relationships with other process management teams for a consistent delivery framework.
• Contribute to the Catalogue governance, providing escalation routes for suppliers and customers.
• Service improvements based on stakeholder, service provider and customer feedback.
• Management of a small geographical disperse team (2-3 staff members).
Skills and Experience
• Experience with live catalogue implementation in an Information technology Service Management (ITSM) tool, preferably ServiceNow
• Proven stakeholder management skills, able to influence and resolve conflict.
• Experience of operating in a multi-supplier outsourced environment.
• Proven team member and leader with experience of staff management.
• Proven communication skills, must be able to communicate across a variety of audiences
• Proven customer service, deductive, research, interpersonal and problem-solving skills