£47,549 - £54,728
8th March 2021
User Researchers are key figures in the teams that design and deliver services. They help their teams develop a deep understanding of the citizens, businesses or government colleagues that use a service. Their findings allow their teams to design and build better services more quickly and at lower cost and risk. And to continuously improve services, based on data and evidence.
As a Senior User Researcher, you will plan and lead user research activities on larger teams and more complex services. You will build user centred practices in new teams, and align user research activities with wider plans to inform service proposition. As part of your role, you may supervise and develop other user researchers to assure and improve their research practice.
• Planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of complex government services.
• Carrying out a wide range of user research activities from recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides and moderating research sessions.
• Leading colleagues to analyse research data and synthesise clear and actionable findings, including working closely with analytics colleagues to create a rich picture of user behaviour.
• Communicating user research findings to help the team and wider organisation develop a deep understanding of users and their needs.
• Working closely with product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
• Aligning user research activities with wider plans to inform service proposition.
• Building user centred practices in new and larger teams
• Mentoring and guiding more junior user researchers to assure and improve research practice.
• Contributing to the wider user research community – including presenting at meetups, writing blog posts and leading on aspects of practice.