Any Defra Office
£29,179 - £32,160
29th November 2020
The Senior Service Analyst has responsibility for managing specific elements of an IT service that are required by Defra. They are responsible for maintaining positive relationships with internal stakeholders to report service performance and collect feedback from customers.
You will work with suppliers to ensure they are delivering those elements of the service and will work with service management process owners and technical teams to ensure the service performs to a high standard.
• Responsible for specific elements of an IT service used by Defra business.
• Supporting the Service Owner in the management of services.
• Establishing good working relationships with Suppliers, Service Owners, service management Process Owners and other key stakeholders.
• Establishing and maintaining a constructive customer relationship based on an understanding of the customer and their business drivers.
• Monitoring supplier performance and compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Providing input into service and supplier reviews.
• Providing or contributing to regular reporting to determine the performance of services and suppliers.
• Providing data to assist with the evaluation of new suppliers and contracts.
• Assisting with transition activity for new or upgraded services.
• Instigating and conducting service improvements with suppliers and customers.
The Senior Service Analyst may be expected to work out of normal hours and could be on call for support and escalation duties. Some travel will be required as part of this role.
• A good IT Service management background with proven experience in dealing with IT services.
• Good commercial and contractual understanding with experience of managing SLAs and KPIs.
• Experience of working in a challenging and high-pressure environment
• Good stakeholder management skills, comfortable in liaising with senior managers and executives.
• Self-motivated and a positive attitude towards working in a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good incident management and analytical troubleshooting skills, with experience of the incident, problem and change ITIL processes.
• Strong influencing and conflict resolution skills.
• Performing effectively to deadlines, maintaining focus in challenging situations.
• Ability to draw sound and realistic conclusions from all relevant information.