Any Defra Office with DDTS
£47,549 - £60,188
25th January 2021
The Senior Configuration Manager is responsible for delivering the Configuration Management Service, and accountable to the Lead Service Asset and Configuration Manager.
You will provide hands-on leadership, from supplier and stakeholder engagement to day-job delivery where necessary, coaching your staff and building capability.
You will maintain the common data model, agreeing with service designers and Suppliers the attributes they need to provide to Defra, and ensuring all CI and Asset data is received and integrated into the Federated CMDB. This includes working with the Defra ServiceNow administrators to maintain and improve the CMDB and associated asset tables and functionality.
You will lead a small team to provide assurance of the quality of supplier Configuration Management work, auditing and validating the CMDB, and delivering the Service Models that underpin Defra’s Service Management. This includes the registration, monitoring and managing all in-scope Configuration Items (CI) and ensuring the dependency’s between Configuration Items are documented and understood.
You will develop or maintain relevant documentation including policies, processes, procedures, and performance measurements that underpin Configuration Management. This also includes the Configuration Management Strategy, along with the underpinning Roadmap, agreeing all aspirational goals, visions, and associated deliverables with the Lead Service Asset and Configuration Manager.
• Establishing and communicating the process, strategy, goals and objectives to all stakeholders.
• Creation, maintenance, operation, governance and improvement of the Configuration Management processes.
• Ensuring consistent implementation and execution of the process internally and across suppliers, and reporting on the effectiveness of the process to the Lead Service Asset and Configuration Manager.
• Integrate, co-ordinate and assure suppliers (internal or external) and their work across Configuration Management and manage a federated CMDB.
• Creating and managing Defra’s Configuration Management Plan and reviewing / aligning the underpinning Suppliers plans.
• Managing the Configuration Management scope, data model & CMDB population progress / roadmap.
• Managing production and maintenance of ~780 Service Models.
• Owning and managing the auditing and validation of the CMDB and resolving any discrepancies with the relevant supplier.
• Significant experience in a senior position of leading and delivering Configuration Management processes and outcomes in a Multi-Supplier environment.
• Demonstrable background of undertaking Configuration Management processes particularly CMDB management, verification and audit activities.
• Complimentary skills and experience in other SACM processes (HAM and SAM).