Reading, York, Bristol, Warrington
£29,179 - £32,160
29th November 2020
This is a Fixed-term Appointment as a Planning and Performance Analyst on the Whole Life Cost (WLC) Team. This post will therefore begin from once a successful candidate has been recruited.
The role holder supports the Business Planning and Performance Lead to deliver and implement the complex financial whole life costing policy and includes elements of other Business Planning activities for DDTS.
The successful candidate will become a subject matter expert in their field, engaging with a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders from DDTS, Defra Partners, Corporate Services, Finance and external organisations.
The Planning and Performance Analyst will administer the WLC mailbox and manage, track and assure process. This means they will operate the initial gateway, flow and cycle of data through the WLC process. They will also be responsible for updating and maintaining the WLC database (MS Access) and be responsible for sharing information and records management, mainly using MS Excel and SharePoint. This role involves a significant amount of data management. The successful candidate will have proven excellent numeracy, analytical and attention to detail skills.
• Manage and process the Whole Life Cost (WLC) mailbox. Responsible for ensuring every item is actioned appropriately and within agreed process, principles and timescales, including maintaining the agreed filing protocol.
• Operate and be responsible for the WLC manage, track and assure process. This involves contacting Project Managers / Delivery Managers and other stakeholders to gather and track WLC calculators for IT projects and initiatives. Recording relevant key milestone information. Tracking and driving each WLC calculator through to completion/approval.
• Cross reference and process the data contained in the approved WLC calculators, to agreed timescales and quality standards to achieve an accurate representation of the costs within the WLC database.
• Update and maintenance of the data contained within the WLC database in accordance with agreed processes.
• Providing support to the Business Planning and Performance Lead prior to and during meetings with Defra Partners and DDTS managers at senior leadership level. Content of meetings could include, for example; review and agree Environment Agency in-year recharge of whole life cost charges.
• Provide support and share knowledge with other staff within the WLC Team to maintain the standards for collation and quality assurance of the data.
• Working with the Business Planning and Performance Lead, WLC Team and DDTS Communication leads to maintain the WLC Communication and Engagement Plans and documents.
Experience and skills
The experience and skills listed below are essential for this role and should be detailed on your CV:
• Experience of regularly using MS Excel (intermediate to higher level) to manage and organise large volumes of complex, sensitive data within agreed processes, protocol and timescales.
• Proven excellent numeracy, analytical and attention to detail skills.
• Communication and influencing skills both written and verbal. To include questioning, listening and reflecting, resulting in stakeholder engagement and buy-in.
• Managing and delivering accurate data following guidelines and continuously improving processes. Also, maintaining the documentation and sharing of these processes.
• Working with data storage options, such as SharePoint and MS Access.
• Working in business planning, reporting, and financial management.