Any Defra Office
£35,895 - £40,613
18th January 2021
IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) sits within our Service Strategy and Design function. This is a multidisciplinary team that includes a number of IT specialists who work collaboratively to ensure that IT services are delivered in a robust manner that meets customer needs and expectations.
Reporting to our Senior IT Service Continuity Manager (ITSCM), the primary aim of this role is to assist in managing IT risks by planning for the recovery from major disruptions to IT services which could prevent Defra from delivering part or all of its strategic priorities.
The role will suit an IT Service Continuity (ITSC) professional with experience in the planning, rehearsing and managing a programme of disaster recovery activities in a complex multi-supplier environment but also willing to expand their skills and knowledge in other IT related areas.
• Providing ITSC subject matter expertise on the operational service design of new, changed and retiring services.
• Negotiating with business owners, stakeholders and service providers on the scheduling and execution of the DR rehearsals.
• Maintaining a rolling programme (schedule) of ITSC / Disaster Recovery rehearsals.
• Assuring the outcomes of the rehearsals.
• Ensuring any remediation actions resulting from the rehearsals are implemented.
• Ensure run books and technical recovery plans are being created.
• Contributing to the development of the DDTS Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Business Recovery Plan.
• Identifying and implementing improvements to the ITSCM process.
• In the rare event of an ITSC plan invocation, Facilitate the successful recovery by proactively engaging with the recovery teams.
Skills and experience
• Deep understanding of Disaster Recovery (DR) and the techniques available for performing DR rehearsals / exercises.
• Compiling and interpreting Business Impact Assessments (BIA) accurately and in a manner that could be easily interpreted by Business Recovery Plan developers.
• Good understanding of the ISO22301 standard.
• Knowledge of datacentre and cloud technologies including hosting, storage, virtualisation and connectivity (LAN / WAN).
• Experience of operating within a complex multi supplier outsourced environment.
• A deep understanding of Service Management best practice particularly in ITSC and to a lesser extent Business Continuity Management.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent organisational, influencing, relationship and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent analysis skills enabling realistic conclusions to be drawn from empirical data.
Good track record in planning and organising disaster recovery exercises supporting critical business processes.