Digital and Technology Resourcing Partner
Location: Can be based at any Defra office in England including our Digital Hubs Bristol, Reading, Warrington and York. We welcome flexible working and are open to a blended approach
Salary: £35,895 to £43,847
Closing Date: 21 Jun 2021
We are currently recruiting a DDTS Resourcing Partner on an 2 year / 24 month fixed-term contract to provide leadership and strategic vision for the DDTS Recruitment Hub. You will be supporting DDTS in growing its permanent staff through resourcing, recruitment and retention initiatives.
The DDTS Recruitment Hub is an award-winning, friendly and vibrant team that welcomes creative and pragmatic recruitment professionals. We appreciate the diversity of thought when it comes to recruitment best practice and ways of working. The team are nationally dispersed, so we work mostly on Microsoft Teams, but will meet on a quarterly basis.
As part of the DDTS Recruitment Hub, you will be leading the way of modern recruitment and resourcing techniques across Defra Group. We have an excellent reputation across Defra and are driving a shift in traditional public sector recruitment perspectives by being subject matter experts on DDaT roles in government.
Partnering with vacancy holders across DDTS, you will be providing the best possible advice on recruitment whilst guiding them through the Civil Service recruitment process to attract permanent members of staff.
We are advocates of using external recruitment and talent attraction by using LinkedIn Recruiter, engaging with passive talent and proactive candidate sourcing, while embodying equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do.
Some of our achievements as a team are introducing Ongig to Defra Group, a job text analyser that allows vacancy holders to create inclusive job adverts that enhances the readability and choice of wording to include underrepresented groups.
We have also brought in Horselfy, a talent analytics tool that helps us in driving data decisions that enables effective workforce planning and talent solutions to our vacancy holders.
By using tools such as Ongig and Horsefly, we can run on data analysis that help influence our decisions and help us advise our vacancy holders in a more effective way.
We would love you to be a part of our recruitment revolution!
Please read the following responsibilities, experience and selection process section carefully as the Civil Service marks on a merit basis.
Operational Service Delivery of a DDTS Recruitment Service
• Continually review the service provision with DDTS stakeholders to ensure alignment with the customer needs.
• Prioritise the Recruitment Hub’s workload, managing capacity and customer expectation.
• Keep pace with industry standards to ensure the Recruitment Hub is working to industry best practice.
• Manage own caseload, providing excellent customer service to DDTS vacancy holders using our service.
• Ensure DDTS remains aligned to Defra policy for recruitment, to include Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Civil Service Recruitment Principles 2018.
Maintaining and reporting recruitment management information back to Senior Leaders
• Keep a log of all recruitment activity from approval through to onboarding. We are currently using an ATS called Eploy.
• Manage risk and issues arising, offering pragmatic solutions.
• Capture recruitment data sets and feed back into senior management.
• Maintain a horizon forecast of future recruitment to ensure the Recruitment Hub’s capacity is not breached.
Providing guidance and mentoring to colleagues within the Recruitment Hub
• Empower members of the team to make decisions within a controlled framework.
• Offer best practice advice and be a sounding board where necessary.
• Develop less experienced members of the team and provide objectives to work towards.
• Recognise the individual needs of team members for development.
Being the focal point for DDTS for recruitment campaigns and act as a subject matter expert for Digital, Data and Technology campaign management
• Partner with HR colleagues to ensure all regulatory compliance is adhered to.
• Act as DDTS conduit to Government Recruitment Service, ensuring service standards are maintained.
• Build strong networks of vacancy holders across DDTS.
• Act as a trusted and respected voice of authority on recruitment.
• Draw upon industry expert knowledge and experience for niche and hard to fill roles.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate skills and experience in the following:
• Industry standard recruitment best practice.
• Candidate relationship management.
• Senior stakeholder management and the ability to build relationships, communicate and influence vacancy holders.
• Proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) such as Oleeo VX and Eploy.
• Ability to produce management information reports on recruitment activity from ATS, Excel or SharePoint.
• External talent attraction and recruitment marketing including proactive sourcing on LinkedIn Recruiter and GitHub for passive Digital, Data and Technology candidates.
• Experienced in delivering end-to-end recruitment process at pace and can work to tight deadlines.