£35,895 - £40,613
28th January 2021
They will act as our information technology expert who specialise in analysing data, collecting, storing and creating electronic data. They will act as a consultant for others internally and externally.
This role offers the opportunity to work on high profile and priority work for the department. Including working with external organisations such as the United Nations.
• Implements and drives our sustainability strategy within DDTS using data.
• Creates sustainability databases with support from digital, innovation, architecture and data functions. Provides technical support and assistance.
• Leads the collection, analysis and production of quality and timely data.
• Generates Maintains and update reports for senior stakeholders and wider e.g. public sector.
• Collaborates closely with policy team to monitor the uptake and delivery of programmes and producing ad-hoc analysis on request.
• Produce and edit videos for internal and external stakeholders.
• Produces technology guides and content for internal teams and external stakeholders.
• Have a firm grasp of traditional data collection & matching techniques.
• Experience of data and produces reports through machine learning algorithms and advanced statistical modelling e.g. (Random Forest Classifier, Tensorflow, R, Python, GDAL.
• Experience of communicating and influencing key internal and external stakeholders.
• Having the ability to manage high level problems of resolving these using technology for specific issues.
• A proven record to process large amounts of data and information and being able to provide solutions.
• Experience in handling large amounts of data and good knowledge
Of Power BI, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products.
• Experience of maintaining and gathering relevant data to produce high level reports for the business and senior stakeholders.
• Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholder including academia.